We offer a wide variety of special events to give prospective students and families an opportunity to learn more about preparing for, and becoming, a student at ECC.
Adult Learner Nights
ECC serves a diverse population that reflects our entire community, throughout all life stages. Now more than ever, students past the traditional college age are choosing a high quality, affordable East Central College education. Whether you’re a returning learner or a college first-timer, interested in switching careers, a veteran or a retiree, you can polish your skills or obtain new ones, stay competitive in your chosen field, find a new path, or learn for personal growth.
- December 7, 2017 from 6-7:30pm
- April 12, 2018 from 6-7:30pm
As a community service, ECC assists all students and families in completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). At any time throughout the year, students and families can receive assistance completing the FAFSA by visiting us during regular business hours in either Union or Rolla. The sessions below are designed to have financial aid staff on hand and ready to assist you through the FAFSA process.
The sessions are hosted in Buescher Hall room 182, and are open to the public, regardless of what college or university the student plans to attend. Staff will be available between 5:00p.m.-6:30p.m. on the following Thursday evenings:
- October: 5th and 19th
- November: 2nd, 16th, and 30th
What to bring in order to complete a FAFSA:
- FSA ID and password (if already created)
- Social Security Number
- Driver’s license or government issued ID with photo
- W-2 forms and other records of money earned from 2015 and 2016
- 2015 and 2016 Federal Income Tax Return
- Your Parents’ 2015 and 2016 Federal Income Tax Returns (if you are a dependent student)
- Untaxed income records
- Veterans non-education benefit records
- Child support received
- Worker’s compensation
- Current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond and other investment records
- Alien registration or permanent resident card (if you are not a U.S. citizen).
For more information on FAFSA Nights, please contact the Office of Financial Assistance via email or by phone at 636-584-6588.
Falcon Days are a series of events that are designed to give prospective students the opportunity to learn about admissions, scholarships, the A+ Program, student activities, meet with faculty, see campus, and more. The evening program will be slightly abbreviated from the day events due to time constraints. Event dates and times:
- October 3rd, 5:00p.m.-7:00p.m.
- October 13th, 11:00a.m.-1:00p.m.
- November 17th, 11:00a.m.-1:00p.m.
- November 28th, 5:00p.m.-7:00p.m.
Franklin County Regional College Fair
Here at ECC we pride ourselves on meeting the needs of our students and ensuring their successful transition after they graduate.Each year ECC hosts a college fair for our current and prospective students. This year the fair will be on Monday, September 18th, 2017 from 9:00-11:00am. Many in- and out-of-state four year universities, technical schools, and military representatives, will be on campus to speak with homeschool, high school, and current ECC students about the educational opportunities available at their respective institutions.
Senior Success Day (April, 2018)
Senior Day at ECC is a day designed for all high school seniors interested in attending ECC, and coincides with the state-wide ACT test date for high school juniors. This day is designed to provide high school seniors, who are planning on attending ECC, with the opportunity to complete the placement test, set up financial aid, register for classes, learn student success tips, tour campus, and more! Please RSVP as space is limited.
Office of Admissions