Outstanding Alumni of the Year
College Seeking Outstanding Alumni Nominations
The East Central College Foundation/Alumni Office is seeking nominations for the 2018 Outstanding Alumni Award.
To be considered for the Outstanding Alumni Award, nominees must have completed a college credit course at ECC at some point in their educational journey. Attainment of a degree or certificate from ECC is preferred but not required. Nominees must also be looked upon by their peers as leaders in their field, with a demonstrated commitment to community. Residency within the college district is not required. An explanation of 500 words or less as to why the person is worthy of consideration should accompany the nomination. The nomination form can be accessed from the link at the top of the page. Individuals can also email email@example.com or call 636-584-6506 to request the form or more information.
Selection will be determined by a committee drawn from ECC alumni and the Foundation. The 2018 award will be presented at East Central College commencement ceremony on the Union campus in May.
The East Central College Alumni Association established the award in 2002 to recognize outstanding alumni who have set an example for ECC graduates by using their college education and serving their community.
Each year, thousands of students begin or continue their professional journey at East Central College. The ECC Foundation and Alumni office will seek nominations of former ECC students who have become leaders in their professions and positively impact their community until March 30.
The following are the criteria an individual must meet to be considered for the Alumni of the Year Award.
- Attended ECC at some point in their educational journey (degree preferred but not required)
- “Esteemed among peers” as a leader in their field, with a demonstrated commitment to community
(Year, Name, Community, Profession)
- 2017 Audrey Freitag – New Haven – Nurse
- 2016 Dave Arand – Union – Attorney
- 2015 Anthony “Tony” Kreutz – Union – Business Admin
- 2014 Amy Wildhaber – Beaufort – ER Dept Manager
- 2013 Joseph Purschke – Union – Attorney at Law
- 2012 Linda Mahon – Union – History/Educator
- 2011 Ted Coburn – Villa Ridge – Probation & Parole
- 2010 Ann Schroeder – Union – Political Science
- 2009 Chris Stuckenschneider – Washington – Journalism
- 2008 Ken Schmidt – Union – Engineering
- 2007 Tammy Watz – Sullivan – Allied Health
- 2007 Dr. Frank Miller – Washington – Allied Health
- 2006 Deborah Koelling – Washington – Education
- 2005 Chris Manhart – Union – Education
- 2004 Tom Robertson – New Haven – Engineering/HVAC
- 2003 John Griesheimer – Washington – Elected Official
- 2002 Tonya Voss – Sullivan – Education