Our mission is to teach students from diverse backgrounds, including mathematically weak backgrounds, and encourage students to aspire towards expertise in their future education.
Our Faculty promote lifelong learning through the use of traditional and new teaching methods, technology, and course assessments and development. The department supports its mission through the following:
- Developmental education – by providing remedial courses through a variety of methodologies supporting all learning styles and building a foundation for subsequent course work.
- General education – by achieving ECC’s common learning objective of creative/critical thinking through our college level courses, specifically College Algebra.
- Career/Technical education – by helping to create a workforce rigorously trained in mathematics.
- Post algebra education – by offering courses, such as Calculus, Statistics, and Differential Equations, to science, engineering, and mathematics majors, which help maintain effective transferability.
We teach a number of courses, including day and evening courses that are offered at the main campus and satellite locations, hybrid courses, and web courses, which help students from all disciplines learn the mathematics skills they need for success.
Additional Information & Links:
- Pre-Algebra Final and Midterm Review_
- Introductory Algebra Final and Midterm Review
- Pre-Calculus Final and Midterm Review-Algebra Portion
- Pre-Calculus Final and Midterm Review-Trig Portion
- College-Algebra Final and Midterm Review
- Math Video LinksAlgebra