Main Content

International Student Admission Procedures

All international students must:

  1. Complete an ECC Application for Admission.

  2. Complete an ECC International Student Application for Admission.

  3. Submit an original copy of an Affidavit of Support (INS form I-134) indicating minimum support for tuition, fees, books, housing, food, transportation, and miscellaneous expenses. (The International Student Advisor will provide the specific dollar amount required.)
  4. Submit an ECC Sponsorship of International Students form. Note: The sponsor must be a resident of the East Central College service district and be responsible for assisting with the international student’s housing and transportation needs (not necessarily financial liability).
  5. If English is not the student’s native language, submit one of the following as evidence of English competency:
    • Test of English as a Foreign Language (minimum TOEFL score of 550 on the written test, 213 on the computer-based test or 79 on the Internet-based test).
    • A grade of C or better in a course equivalent to English Composition I taken in residence at a U.S. college or university.
    • Documentation of English proficiency (i.e.) Native Language or completion of ESL program.
  6. Submit original transcripts from secondary schools completed and universities previously attended translated into English and accompanied by an explanation of the grading system used. Transcripts must be sent directly from school/college records/registrar’s offices to the address below. These records cannot be received directly from students or sponsors.

Send all documents pertaining to international student admission to: International Student Advisor, East Central College, 1964 Prairie Dell Road, Union, MO 63084 Fax: 636-584-7347.

If the international student admission is approved, an I-20 form will be issued within 30 days of receipt of the above records. All documents must be received by the following dates:

  • April 15 for summer semester

  • July 15 for fall semester

  • November 15 for spring semester

Before beginning the first semester of enrollment, international students must show evidence of health insurance covering a 12-month period. Such insurance must be in force during the entire period of enrollment at the College, and supporting documents must be on file with the International Student Advisor. (BP 3.3)

Go back to top