The Purchasing Process at East Central College
The Purchasing Department has the responsibility to locate and secure material, supplies, equipment and related services required by various departments of the College. This department serves the College by implementing and regulating responsible public purchasing practices, while striving to provide a responsible, helpful business environment that produces timely results.
Principles and Ethics
The Purchasing Department of East Central College is a member in good standing with the National Association of Educational Buyers and the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing. As members, the Purchasing Department subscribes to the principles and codes of ethics of both organizations.
Purchasing Purpose and Policy
The underlying purpose and policies of the College’s purchasing department are to:
- Secure services, materials, supplies and equipment from a responsible and responsive vendor offering the lowest possible cost and that is most advantageous to the College.
- Provide increased public confidence in the procedures followed in the College’s purchasing system.
- Ensure the fair and equitable treatment of all persons who deal with the College’s purchasing system.
- Provide increased economy in College procurement activities and to maximize to the fullest extent practicable the purchasing value of public funds of the College.
- Foster effective broad based competition within the free enterprise system.
- Provide safeguards for the maintenance of a procurement system of quality and integrity.
Should you wish to meet with personnel within the Purchasing Department, you are encouraged to set up an appointment. It is recommended that initial contact with other college departments be made through the Purchasing Department. The College hopes to ensure equitable treatment of all suppliers and to promote efficient fulfillment of departmental needs. Office hours are from 8:00 a.m. through 4:30 p.m., CST, Monday through Friday. Standard purchasing information, policies and procedures are available for your review.