Student Planning is an online resource that provides students and advisors the tools they need to plan and track progress toward degree completion. With Student Planning, you can plan courses for graduation, register for courses, and even see how your credits would fit into a different degree program
Need help learning to use Student Planning? Stop by the Student Service Center! We will be glad to teach you how to read your degree audit, plan courses, and register using Student Planning.
All degree-seeking students will be required to complete the following:
1. Plan coursework using Student Planning.
2. Request your advisor to review, approve, and archive your Student Plan.
3. Review and update user information (Address, Email, Phone, and Emergency Contact Information).
4. Choose classes for the next term using your archived Student Plan.
5. Register for classes when registration opens using Plan and Schedule in Student Planning.
Students can access Student Planning by logging into MyECC and choosing Student Planning from the Student menu under Academics.
Student Planning Instructions – Quick Guide
Before Logging In:
Need help figuring out what classes to take each term?
- Visit the Course Catalog
- Choose Academic Programs from the menu|
- Click on your Program of Study
- Print your term-by-term recommended course schedule
Step by Step for Planning & Registration
Understanding the My Progress Screen
Associate of Applied Science (AAS) Students: Using What If Function
How to plan for courses from the My Progress Screen
Add courses to plan not on your My Progress Screen
Review your plan for requisite issues
Understanding the Advisor Tab
Updating your Student Information:
This information must be reviewed and updated each registration period
- Physical Address (Request an Address Change)
- Email (ECC communicates with students through their student email account)
- Phone (Update your home, cell, and text number)
- Emergency and Missing Person Contact Info
Check for Holds or Notifications that would stop successful registration
Overview of Plan and Schedule
Using Plan and Schedule to choose classes on your plan
Use the Filter button to narrow your search
When Registration Opens, Register for Classes
How do I get on a waitlist for a full class?
How do I print a hard copy of my schedule?
If you need assistance using Student Planning, or if you have any questions, please contact the Student Service Center.
In-Person: Academic Advising is open 8 a.m.–6 p.m., Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m.–2 p.m. on Friday. We operate on a walk-in basis, so no appointment is needed.
By Email: Email us at email@example.com.
By Phone: The Student Service Center can be reached at 636-584-6588. While we are happy to address your general Student Planning questions, please note we might not be able to answer all of your questions about your degree audit over the phone.
Having an issue during Registration? Review the Troubleshooting for Student Planning Guide
Financial Aid Self-Service
Applying for Graduation
For Advisors – Student Planning Overview