1.3 Authority and Responsibilities of the Board of Trustees Policy
The Board of Trustees of the Junior College District of East Central Missouri is the sole statutory legislative governing body responsible for the control and operation of East Central College.
The statutory responsibilities of the Board of Trustees include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Approve the appointment, retention and dismissal of employees of the College, define and assign their powers and duties and fix their compensation.
- Levy such taxes as are required for the operation of the College.
- Establish fees for students in the amount necessary to maintain College courses.
- Provide instructional programs and services and physical facilities.
- Approve all contracts where the consideration to be paid is $15,000 or more
- Formulate and oversee disciplinary policy regarding students.
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and local mandates.
(Adopted 6-6-1988; Revised 11-12-2007)