East Central College will be a dynamic, innovative college of choice.
As the primary provider of higher education in the area, East Central College will serve the needs of those in the college district and service region by providing quality educational programs and services. As an open access institution, the College will serve students who have a range of preparation and ability. As a learning organization, the College will preserve and enhance its commitment to continuous quality improvement. As a planning institution, the College will make decisions informed by data.
East Central College will fulfill its mission by:
- Providing associate degree programs and coursework to prepare students for transfer to baccalaureate institutions.
- Providing associate degree and certificate programs to prepare students with career skills to enter or advance in the workforce.
- Preparing students in core academic areas for success in college-level studies.
- Surrounding its academic programs with supplemental learning opportunities and support.
- Creating a safe learning environment that is student-centered and effective in its delivery of services.
- Providing the resources and support needed to meet students’ educational and personal goals.
- Enhancing campus life through extracurricular activities and community events.
- Providing business and industry services and training in support of regional economic development.
- Offering continuing education, professional certification, and personal enrichment opportunities.
- Being a center of cultural activities, providing enrichment to the community.
East Central College is committed to the highest ethical and professional standards of conduct Employees and constituents recognize that the College is held in trust for the community. The college and its employees are committed to the following:
- Integrity—Individuals will conduct themselves with integrity in dealings with and on behalf of the college, and will be honest and impartial in actions taken within and on behalf of the institution.
- Excellence—Employees will conscientiously strive for excellence in their work.
- Dignity—College employees will respect the dignity of all persons.
- Accountability—Those associated with the College will be accountable as individuals and as members of the community for ethical conduct and compliance with applicable laws, policies and directives; they will be good stewards of the resources entrusted to their care.
- Environmental Responsibility—College employees will respect the environment and be good stewards of the institution’s surroundings and the world.
- Global Citizenry—College employees will respect individual differences in cultural, academic and socioeconomic backgrounds. Individuals will learn from the diversity of people, ideas, and opinions.
The college serves many stakeholders and is committed to identifying and responding to their needs and expectations. These stakeholders include:
- Prospective, current and former students
- Communities served by the college
- Educational partners, including pre-K-12 educators, transfer institutions, and peer community colleges
- Foundation members, donors, and other supporters of the college.
- Local, state and federal government
- Grant entities or agencies
- College employees
The college is specifically charged with serving stakeholders in the college district and service region. The Union campus is located west of St.Louis county and attracts students from across east central Missouri.
District— East Central College was created, and is locally supported by, residents of the college district. The East Central College District includes six public K-12 school districts: Crawford County R-1 (Bourbon), New Haven, St. Clair R-13, Sullivan C-2, Union R-11 and Washington; as well as four public K-8 districts: Franklin County R-2, Lonedell R-14, Spring Bluff R-15 and Strain-Japan R-16. This taxing district includes most of Franklin County and portions of Crawford, Gasconade, St. Charles, Warren, and Washington Counties.
Service Region—Beyond the college district, East Central College is charged by the State of Missouri with providing programs and services to an extended service region comprising portions of Franklin, Warren, Gasconade, Osage, Maries, Phelps, Dent and Crawford Counties.