1.31 Responsibilities of the President Policy
The President of the district shall be the Chief Executive Officer through which the Board carries out its program and exercises its policies. The President may delegate to subordinate officers of the district such powers as he/she may deem desirable to be exercised under her/his supervision and direction.
Within the framework of policies adopted by the Board, the President shall exercise discretionary authority in carrying out responsibilities of the position.
1.31.1 The President shall perform the following functions and be responsible for:
1. Designing and overseeing the organization and administration of the College.
2. Making policy recommendations to the Board on all matters that affect the College.
3. Recommending all additions or changes in personnel and in personnel policies.
4. Submitting an annual budget and administer the Board approved budget.
5. Formulating of all reports as may be required by the Board and by local, state, or national agencies.
6 Recommending to the Board site locations and site utilization.
7. Directing the development of the campus building program.
8. Recommending the establishment of citizen and trade advisory
9. Lending influence in the development of higher education programs in local, state, and national committees and organizations.
10. Performing such other duties as may be assigned or delegated by the Board of Trustees.
(Adopted 12-3-1968; Reaffirmed 12-2-1991; Revised 2-4-2002)