4.7 Selection of Architectural/Engineering and/or Land Surveying Services
The Board of Trustees may select qualified firm(s) and negotiate contract(s) for architectural, engineering and land surveying services for the various building projects undertaken by the College.
In selecting such firm(s), the following criteria will be considered:
1. Training, specialized experience and technical competence, including that of partners and associates, demonstrated either with the College or
elsewhere with respect to the type of services desired.
2. Planning ability, efficiency and promptness of the firm(s), including the capacity and capability of the firm(s) to perform the tasks requested, as well as any specialized services, within the time limitations established for the completion of the project.
3. Proposed price for the services requested (i.e., a fee schedule).
4. Past record of performance of the firm(s) with respect to control of costs, quality of work, design, appearance, utility and the ability to meet time schedules.
5. Proximity to and familiarity with the geographical area in which the project shall be located.
When considering the need for architectural, engineering and/or land surveying services, the Board or designee shall prepare a written description of the services desired by the College. Interested firms may be requested to submit information in accord with the above criteria.
College officials shall review the materials submitted and shall attempt to negotiate acceptable terms with any or all of the firms submitting materials. The Board of Trustees shall select the firm(s) considered best qualified for the project(s).