East Central College offers two programs leading to an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing. This program prepares students to become registered nurses. The main campus in Union, as well as the Rolla site, offers a complete pre-licensure program (generic) for those interested in becoming a registered nurse. A LPN to RN Bridge program is also available at the Rolla location for LPNs interested in becoming registered nurses. Upon completion of either program, graduates are eligible to apply to write the NCLEX-RN exam for licensure as a registered nurse. Both nursing education sites are fully approved by the Missouri State Board of Nursing. The nursing program has state-of-the-art clinical labs which utilize technology and high-fidelity human patient simulators. The program utilizes some distance learning technology to promote access and flexibility.
The classroom and clinical components of the curriculum are interrelated to provide a strong background of the student in attaining the objectives of the program and in becoming a safe and competent practitioner.
Those persons considering a career in nursing should have an interest in health sciences and in working closely with people. In addition, they should be able to meet the academic demands of a program that requires commitment of time, energy, and motivation. In order to achieve success in the nursing program, a student is expected to spend an additional average of 20-30 hours per week outside of class studying, practicing, and preparing.
A selective admission process is utilized. Students are accepted based on academic points. All applicants take an HESI A2 admission test. Details regarding the test, score requirements, and registration for the test can be found on this website. LPN to RN applicants are required to successfully complete the HESI LPN to RN mobility exam prior to admission. Admission criteria and the selection process is outlined in the nursing application and Nursing FACT sheet both found on this website.
The LPN to RN Bridge Program is a program for LPN’s designed to enhance educational mobility. Eligible LPN’s will complete all general education and support classes and then complete the RN program in two semesters. Details about this program is found in the LPN to RN Bridge application and FACT sheet found on this website.
Admission is contingent upon a successful drug screen and criminal background check. Applicants with a prior criminal history should review the Missouri State Board of Nursing Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Prior Criminal History found in the Helpful Links section below.
Current Degrees and Certificates:
Prior Degrees and Certificates:
- The application period for the Class of 2017 is closed. The next application period is March 31, 2017 to December 1, 2017 for the Associate Degree Nursing Class of 2018 which begins August, 2018. The 2018 PreLicensure application will be online in March, 2017.
For more specific admission criteria and selection process information, please check the program applications. For other questions or inquiries, please call (636) 584-6616 or e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nursing Program Admissions Tests- HESI A2 / LPN to RN Mobility
- 2016-2017 Nursing Student Handbook
Additional Information & Links:
- Other Helpful Links Johnson & Johnson – Discover Nursing (www.discovernursing.com)Explore Health Careers (www.explorehealthcareers.org)Missouri State Board of Nursing Missouri State Board of Nursing Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Prior Criminal History Missouri League of NursingNational League for NursingMissouri Nurses AssociationNational Council of State Boards of Nursing
- Contact us:
For additional information, please contact the following:
- Brenda Garrison
Program Assistant for Allied Health
1964 Prairie Dell Road
Health Science Building – Suite 105
Union, MO 63084
- Lavonda Lawson
2303 North Bishop
Rolla, MO 63401
- Email us at:
- Scholarships Applications are available in the ECC Student Services office or at the follow link:http://www.eastcentral.edu/common/current/collegefinances/scholarships.php