Agency Resources on the Web
Student Web Resources
- Affordable Colleges Online: College Affordability for Students with Disabilities
- AHEAD (Association on the Higher Education and Disability)
- Heath Resource Center
- AbleData – Provides information about assistive technology products and rehabilitation equipment available from various sources.
- Adaptive Technology Resource Centre – Sponsored by the University of Toronto, Canada. This site has a useful Technical Glossary, and an External Resources link that provides great web resources.
- Assistivetech.net – A searchable database of assistive technology and a link to various assistive technology and disability-related information.
- Alliance for Technology Access – A network of community-based resource centers that provide information and support services to children and adults with disabilities, in order to increase their use of standard, assistive, and information technologies.
- Rehab Tool – A great source for assistive technology products, resources, links, and news. They also have a nice forum where one can seek the advice and support of professionals and others.
- Microsoft’s Accessibility Options – Make your computer easier to use with accessibility options for everyone.
- LD Online – Assistive technology for postsecondary students with learning disabilities.
- Missouri Assistive Technology Project -The mission of Missouri Assistive Technology is to increase access to assistive technology for Missourians, of all ages, with all types of disabilities.
- Helping Students with Visual Impairment – This guide explains how colleges are creating more welcoming and inclusive learning environments, with a sharp focus on assistive technology, campus resources that provide assistive services and tools, information about scholarships for students with visual impairments, and online resources they can access to facilitate academic and career success.