Welcome to the East Central College HLC Accreditation website!
East Central College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
|The Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, Illinois 60604-1411
Phone: 800.621.7440 / 312.263.0456
While on a Higher Learning Commission designation of “Accreditation- On Notice” the College remains accredited, and has the opportunity to remedy the issues that led to the sanction. The finding means the institution complies with the Criteria for Accreditation, but is at risk of being out of compliance on certain core components of Criteria 4 and 5. The period of Notice is not more than two years in length.
While on “Notice” the College has plans in place to address the concerns of the Higher Learning Commission:
- Creation of a Strategic Plan
- Institutional Assessment Plan Development
- Shared Governance council on matters of institutional concern
During the two year period, the college accreditation is in good standing with the Higher Learning Commission; college credits transfer, financial aid will be dispersed and the high quality of academic programs remain.
Criteria for Accreditation
The Criteria for Accreditation are the standards of quality by which the Commission determines whether an institution merits accreditation or reaffirmation of accreditation.
Program Accreditation: The following programs within the College carry full program accreditation:
- National Association of Schools of Art and Design
- Association of Technical, Management and Applied Engineering (ATMAE)
- American Culinary Federation (ACF)
- Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP)
- Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Health Information Management Education (CAHIIM)
- Association of Technology, Management and Applied Engineering (ATMAE)
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
- National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
- Accrediting Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE)
- National Institution for Metalworking Skills (NIMS)
- Joint Review Commission for Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT)