Early College Programs
Supporting you remotely
Mondays – Thursdays 8AM – 6PM and Fridays 8AM – 2PM
What is Early College?
Early College refers to any course taken before high school graduation, which encompasses dual credit and dual enrollment courses.
- Dual Credit allows high school students to earn both college and high school credit simultaneously. Dual credit classes are taught by ECC-certified high school faculty in the high school.
- Dual Enrollment allows high school and home school students to enroll in college. Classes are taught by ECC faculty, either on campus or online. While students earn college credit, they may or may not gain high school credit toward graduation. Students should check with their counselor or other school official for more information.
Who Should Enroll?
- Juniors and Seniors with a 3.0 GPA or higher are encouraged to sign up. ECC this Placement Test Guide to determine enrollment eligibility.
- Juniors and Seniors with with a 2.5 – 2.99 GPA may also be approved to enroll, with appropriate placement test scores, signature from a parent/guardian, and signature from a high school official.
- Sophomores and freshmen must have a 3.0, appropriate placement test scores, signature from a parent/guardian, and signature from a high school official per CBHE Policy.