ECC Cares is a resource for students and staff to help protect the health and safety of our community. At East Central College, we know maintaining a safe, welcoming environment allows students to focus on their education and get the most out of their time at the college.
How can ECC Cares help?
ECC Cares is designed to reach out to students who seem to be hurting or struggling. It’s about lending a helping hand and intervening when potential red flag behaviors are identified. Reporting the issues of concern can assist us in connecting students with the appropriate resources.
Help us keep our students and campus safe. Inform ECC Cares of any incident you see here:
- Incident Report Form
- Used by Faculty and Staff to submit issues involving academic integrity, behavioral concerns, violations to student code of conduct, illness/injury, and general student complaints. Depending on the content area it is routed to either the VP of Student Development or Behavioral Intervention Team. This form can also be found under the faculty and staff tab on the ECC Website.
- Student Concern Form
- Used by students to submit concerns. Concerns are categorized either as a concern about an instructor or class or concern about something else. Instructor/class concerns are routed to the VP of Academic Affairs office and other complaints are routed to the VP of Student Development. Students have the option of submitting their concern anonymously. This form is also found on the ECC website under Student Services under the category Forms/Online Tools.
The reports are completely anonymous and confidential. Based on what ECC Cares discovers, struggling students will have the option to receive free counseling. In some cases, no response may be necessary, or an immediate intervention might be called for.
What should I report to ECC Cares?
- Repeated Classroom Disruption Yelling or Being Excessively Loud
- Distracting to Other Students
- Refusing to Leave or Cooperate
- Destruction of Property
- Not Complying with Instructions
- Under the Influence of Substances
- Aggressive, Threatening or Violent Words/Actions
- Acts of Physical Aggression
- Threats of Violence
- Expressions of Anger/Agitation/Inability to Cope
- Mention of Violence as a Way to Solve Problems
- Hostility, Lack of Empathy
- Aggressive Statements/Threats through Social Media
- Acts Motivated by Hatred or Discrimination
- Harassment or Bullying
- Bringing Weapons to Campus
- Writings that Convey Clear Intentions to Harm Self or Others
- Observed Self-injurious Behavior
- Excessive Class Absenteeism
- Excessive Hygiene Concerns
- Reports of Abuse, Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault
- Extreme Changes in Personality
- Articulation of Depression, Hopelessness or Harm
- Suicidal Behaviors
We understand being a college student presents many challenges. Sometimes those challenges can be overwhelming. ECC Cares works with students who need assistance with issues ranging from class absenteeism to threats of self-harm or harm to others. Together, we can help keep East Central College students safe.