East Central College has an opening, for a full-time Accounting/Business Instructor responsible for providing an effective learning experience in the classroom for students with diverse interests, abilities and expectations.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications
- Master’s degree in Accounting or Master’s degree in Business with a minimum of 18 hours in Accounting preferred.
- Community College teaching experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL TASKS: Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.
- Teach thirty (30) semester credit hours (or the equivalent in lab, studio, clinical, etc. hours) each academic year.
- Participate in developing course and/or program curriculum, standards and policies in collaboration with core faculty, Dean, and/or Department Chairperson.
- Develop course curriculum, handouts, lectures, labs, presentations; and maintain course outlines, syllabi, printed, and non-printed instructional materials.
- Conduct all classes in accordance with an established and current course syllabus.
- Schedule, supervise, debrief, and evaluate students in clinical, internships, observations, field experiences, or other similar settings as appropriate for the course or program.
- Participate in course and/or program level assessment including development of learning outcomes and measures, evaluating student performance, and recommending improvement measures.
- Assist in conducting program review; plan, develop and implement activities in support of the Higher Learning Commission, or other agency, accreditation guidelines with regard to student academic achievement (assessment) and their success on outcomes (institutional effectiveness).
- Maintain student/attendance/grade/discipline records as required by the College; keep appropriate course/department/program/division records, as required by the College.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established board policies, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner with minimal supervision.
To view full job description, click here.
Benefits: ECC offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee. Retirement benefits, generous paid leave, tuition waiver and tuition reimbursement benefits.
View Faculty Starting Salary Schedule here.
Anticipated start date of August 2020.
To apply, click here.