(Reaffirmed 12-2-1991; Revised 8-25-2008)
East Central College will endeavor to provide a safe and healthful work environment for all employees and to minimize the risk of loss to personnel and property of the College.
Procedures (Revised 12-5-2022)
4.44.1 Compliance with standard safety practices will assist the College in achieving safety and loss control.
- College employees involved in any accident that results in personal injury or damage to property should immediately report the accident to a supervisor. The supervisor shall report the accident to the Director of Human Resources.
- Any employee injuries should receive first aid promptly as overseen by a supervisor and if injuries are serious, local emergency health care providers should be contacted.
- Any condition or practice that might cause injury or damage to equipment should be reported immediately to a supervisor or the Director of Human Resources.
- No equipment in unsafe condition should be operated, and all equipment should be operated in a safe manner.
- All prescribed safety and personal protective equipment should be used when required and maintained in working condition.
- Each unit should develop and implement the standards of safety and loss control relevant to its work and should maintain a manual of prescribed practices and a list of safety rules. Training should be provided so that all employees are aware of such standards and practices.
- The use of non-prescribed controlled substances is prohibited. The use of alcohol is prohibited except as permitted under Policy 4.31.
- Compliance with existing safety and health laws that apply to the workplace is required.