The Medical Assistant Program is designed to train competent professionals to meet the needs of an ever-expanding allied health field. It combines both formal education and practical experience to help participants master the complex body of knowledge and specialized skills necessary for a successful career. The program prepares competent, entry-level medical assistants in knowledge, skills and behavior learning domains.
Medical Assistants directly influence the public health and well-being. Specific job tasks include bookkeeping, coordinating appointments, patient interaction, coding paper and electronic health files. Medical Assistants may also take patient vital signs and help with injections, examinations and lab test preparations under a doctor’s supervision.
The Medical Assistant associate degree program prepares students to demonstrate successful entry level competence in the domains and subdomains established by CAAHEP- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs and MAERB- Medical Assisting Education Review Board.
- American Association of Medical Assistants – AAMA (www.aama-ntl.org/)
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, ( CAAHEP) (www.caahep.org)
- Medical Assisting Education Review Board (www.maerb.org)
- Medical Assistant-Certificate of Achievement-Gainful Employment Disclosure:
Click for more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information.
- 2017 MAERB Annual Report –Certificate Degree – 3 year Student CMA (AAMA) Exam Pass Rate: 82%
- 2017 MAERB Annual Report – AAS Degree – 3 year Student CMA (AAMA) Exam Pass Rate: 100%
The East Central College Medical Assistant Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) upon the recommendation of Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB).
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
25400 US Highway 19 N., Suite 158 Clearwater,FL 33763
727-210-2350 – www.caahep.org