Board President Receives Leadership Award
East Central College Board of Trustee’s President Ann Hartley officially received an award last week recognizing her service to the College, and for embracing ECC’s mission.
Dr. Jon Bauer, ECC president, presented the Missouri Community College Association (MCCA) Trustee Leadership Award to Hartley. She was announced the winner of the award at the MCCA annual convention, held virtually, in November.
Hartley has served on the ECC Board of Trustees since 2012. She is actively engaged with the work of the college, and she serves as board liaison on the Strategic Planning and the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) Advisory committees.
In addition, Hartley has worked with the college president to develop a formal orientation process for new board members, and she has developed an evaluation instrument and process that enables the board to collectively participate in the annual evaluation of the president.
“Ann embraces the community college mission, understands the important role of the board in the effective governance of the college, and works devotedly as an ambassador of East Central,” said Dr. Bauer.
The other MCCA award winners who are associated with ECC are:
- Dot Schowe, former director of public relations, Outstanding Alumni Award.
- Stacy Bellville, executive administrative assistant for the office of academic affairs, Certified Staff Award.
- Joshua Stroup, English instructor, Excellence in Teaching Award.
- Jeff Parsons, adjunct history instructor, Adjunct Award.
- Nancy Mitchell, Laura McDonald and Judy Bieker, nursing faculty, Mel Aytes Award.
- Laura Deason, associate registrar, Senior Service Award.
- Mercy Hospital, Distinguished Business Award.
- State Sen. Dave Schatz, who represents the district where ECC is located, Distinguished Legislator Award.