Nominations Sought for Outstanding Alumni
There are many great East Central College alumni making a difference in their communities, and throughout world.
Nominations are being sought for the 2020 Outstanding Alumni Award to recognize those former students. The award is presented by the East Central College Foundation/Alumni Office.
To be considered for the award, nominees must have completed a college credit course at ECC at some point in their educational journey.
According to Bridgette Kelch, Foundation executive director, nominees should viewed by their peers as leaders in their field, with a demonstrated commitment to community. Residency within the college district is not required.
“Our annual Outstanding Alumni award is the perfect way to recognize an alums commitment to their career and community,” Kelch said. “We know that many of our alumni are deserving of this prestigious award and are reaching out to the community for help to find those deserving individuals.”
Nominees should demonstrate outstanding contributions to ECC or the community, and nominees must have an ongoing commitment to ECC, she added.
Current candidates for public office and past recipients are not eligible for the award.
To nominate a former ECC student, write an explanation in 500 words or less as to why the person is worthy of consideration. The explanation should accompany the nomination. Nominations must be completed by Wednesday, March 25.
The nomination form can be accessed from the webpage: www.eastcentral.edu/alumni/alumni-of-the-year/. People also can also email email@example.com or call 636-584-6506 to request the form or more information.
The recipient will be selected by the ECC Foundation Alumni Committee. A formal invitation to the 2020 Commencement will be sent to the honoree and a plaque will be displayed at ECC in his or her honor.
Outstanding alumni have been recognized at ECC since 2002. Listed below are all of the previous Outstanding Alumni, where the live and their field of work.
- 2019 outstanding alum. Dot Showe
- 2018 Ron Unnerstall – Washington – Engineer
- 2017 Audrey Freitag – New Haven – Nurse
- 2016 Dave Arand – Union – Attorney
- 2015 Anthony “Tony” Kreutz – Union – Business Admin
- 2014 Amy Wildhaber – Beaufort – ER Dept Manager
- 2013 Joseph Purschke – Union – Attorney at Law
- 2012 Linda Mahon – Union – History/Educator
- 2011 Ted Coburn – Villa Ridge – Probation & Parole
- 2010 Ann Schroeder – Union – Political Science
- 2009 Chris Stuckenschneider – Washington – Journalism
- 2008 Ken Schmidt – Union – Engineering
- 2007 Tammy Watz – Sullivan – Allied Health
- 2007 Dr. Frank Miller – Washington – Allied Health
- 2006 Deborah Koelling – Washington – Education
- 2005 Chris Manhart – Union – Education
- 2004 Tom Robertson – New Haven – Engineering/HVAC
- 2003 John Griesheimer – Washington – Elected Official
- 2002 Tonya Voss – Sullivan – Education