HEERF Funding Reporting
HEERF Institutional Funds
The funds are used to cover costs or expenses related to the preparation of campus in regard to COVID-19. Funds are used to purchase technology hardware and software for students and employees to enhance distance learning, costs or expenses relating to the disinfecting and cleaning of campus facilities and the purchasing of equipment and supplies to reduce the number of students in classrooms to enhance social distancing.
- July–August 2020 Reimbursement: $203.36
- October 2020 Reimbursement: $42,382.90
- November 2020 Reimbursement: $112,676.90
- December 2020 Reimbursement: $84,143.40
- January 2021 Reimbursement: $106,565.63
- February 2021 Reimbursement: $35,438.58
- March 2021 Reimbursement: $32,335.57
- April 2021 Reimbursement: $74,690.89
- May 2021 Reimbursement: $156,668.77 (Education Stabilization Funds)
- June 2021 Reimbursement: $231,527.71 ($68,800.23 to Education Stabilization Fund)
- July 2021 Reimbursement: $737,596.95
HEERF Emergency Student Financial Aid Awards
As of July 1, 2021, a total of $825,515 was distributed to 652 spring semester students through the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations (CRRSA) Act.
As of October 8, 2020, a total of $825,587 in Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act dollars were disbursed to 722 fall semester students.
As of August 18, 2020, a total of $376,300 has been disbursed to 640 students.
As of July 8, 2020, a total of $343,800 has been disbursed to 584 students.
On May 6, 2020, the Office of Postsecondary Education published requirements for Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) reporting. Reporting for HEERF funds distributed to East Central College will begin 30 days from the U.S. Department of Education awarded grant documents and each 45 days thereafter.
- On April 21, 2020, the Certification and Agreement were signed and returned to the Department of Education. East Central College intends to use no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students. The college’s Higher Education Emergency Relief Funding was awarded on May 4, 2020.
- The total amount of funds that the institution will receive from the Department pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students is $825,661.
- As of May 27, 2020, the total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is $118,300.
- The estimated total number of students at the institution eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 1,323. This number may change.
- The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 195 as of May 27, 2020.
- East Central College determined eligible students must be Title IV eligible, have filed a 2019-20 FAFSA, have been enrolled in an eligible program as of February 17, 2020 (Spring Census Date), and must certify that they have qualifying expenses due to the disruption of campus operations as a result of the coronavirus. Pell Grant recipients can receive either $700 (EFC below 2701) or $600 (EFC above 2700) and students who are not Pell eligible can receive $400.
- Eligible students received the following email on May 15, 2020:
Hello! As part of the federal stimulus spending in response to the Covid-19 pandemic a new emergency grant program for students has been created. The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act was passed to assist students with expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus, such as food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, and child-care expenses. Upon initial review, we have determined that you may be eligible for funding from this program. Before a final eligibility determination can be made you must complete the certification form located at (web page link). Please return this form via fax or regular mail.
If you are eligible, your award will appear in the student self-service portal. These funds WILL NOT be available to pick up in person and will instead be sent directly to you via direct deposit or hard copy check. If you have not yet signed up for direct deposit you may wish to do so now.