East Central College is committed to creating and fostering a working and learning environment that is free from discrimination, harassment and violence. East Central College is using SafeColleges.com to offer training courses online for your convenience so you can understand the your rights and obligations as an employee of the College.
Follow these easy steps to complete your East Central College training requirements:
- Using your web browser, go to the SafeColleges website for East Central College: https://eastcentral-mo.safecolleges.com/
- Enter your Username: Use your East Central College email address to access the training.
What Will I Learn?
Learning objectives for the training courses include:
- Understand the impact of Title IX and the Educational Amendments of 1972 on colleges and universities, their employees, and their students.
- Become familiar with the responsibilities of campuses as mandated reporters under Title IX.
- Become familiar with the Campus Sexual Violence Elimination Act (Campus SaVE Act) which was signed into law March 2013, a compliment to Title IX and an update to the Jeanne Clery Act, as part of the reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act.
- Become familiar with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and your role in confidentiality of student records. FERPA is a federal law that protects the privacyof student education
- Become familiar with the college’s policies prohibiting sexual harassment, domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking.
- Recognize appropriate and inappropriate behaviors along the continuum of sexual behaviors.
You are not required to send a copy of the certificate of completion to Human Resources.
Thank you for taking the time to learn about what you can do to protect yourself and your classmates from sexual violence, harassment, and discrimination. If you have any questions or would like to report an incident, please call me at 636-584-6712, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by my office in Donald Shook Student Center, #DSSC 005.
Students may address questions or report an incident to Heath Martin, Vice President of Student Development. He can be reached at 636-584-6565, or email at email@example.com or Buescher Hall, office #131.
If you have any questions about access to the training, please feel free to contact Kim Aguilar at 636-584-6710 or Kimberly.firstname.lastname@example.org