The following are examples of behaviors that might warrant a referral. Please note that these are just examples and do not provide an exhaustive list. Each referral will be reviewed individually and handled based on the specific circumstances presented.
a. Sporadic Attendance
- Student shows a patterns of absences, tardiness to class, early departure.
NOTE: The Aviso-Engage System is not to be used as an attendance taking tool. When a faculty member sends a referral indicating that a student’s attendance is unsatisfactory in a course, it means that he or she has determined that the student’s attendance pattern is a concern and may affect student success in that course. (i.e., online weekly class attendance participation requirement, face-to-face class attendance requirement, etc.).
b. Academic Concern
- Student attends class but does not participate.
- Student fails to turn in multiple assignments (i.e., homework, quizzes, projects, tests, etc.).
- The student has performed poorly on an exam.
- Fifth-Week Assessment: Student has an overall grade of D or F in the course.
- The student is not meeting course expectations as set by the instructor/department/program.
c. Success Skills
Concern regarding student’s soft skills.
- Access Services
- Learning Center/Student Success Center
- Financial Aid
- Career Services
- Technology Assistance