In order to receive a degree or certificate from East Central College, students must satisfactorily complete the prescribed course requirements for a degree or certificate program as specified in the catalog or other current, East Central College document. Students planning to graduate should:
- Achieve a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 on all college level credit earned (Certain programs may require a higher GPA).
- Complete at least 15 hours of college level credit through East Central College.
- Submit an Application for Graduation, available from the Office of the Registrar or the College website, or apply for graduation via eCentral.
- Complete an exit examination as specified by the College for the degree or certificate earned.
- Settle all financial obligations to East Central College.
- If not already on file, provide official high school transcript or G.E.D certificate.
The 2022 Commencement Ceremony will take place May 14, 2022.
Cap & Gown Information
Caps and Gowns are available at the ECC Bookstore. All commencement participants must dress in academic regalia. Cap and gown sets are $29.99, plus tax. The Bookstore also has announcements available for purchase. They are $7.50 for a set of ten. If you have questions, the Bookstore can be reached at 636-584-6737. Rolla students can request to have their regalia sent to the Rolla site. Graduates are always welcome to borrow regalia from former ECC graduates. The regalia has not changed.
Tassels are to be worn on the right side of the cap. Caps are to be worn flat on the head and may be decorated as long as the decorations and messages are not distracting. As soon as you purchase regalia take it out of the packaging, check the size, and hang up to remove wrinkles. (If you must iron the gown for any stubborn wrinkles be sure to use the lowest or cool setting, or it may melt the fabric.) Do not wear a boutonniere on your gown.
Phi Theta Kappa Members
PTK members would like to have a gold tassel and/or stole to wear at commencement, and have not completed the chapter’s 5-Star Member program requirements have 2 options:
- Order from PTK headquarters. Go to http://recognitions.ptk.org. PTK members will need their member ID number to order online. The PTK ID cards were sent with the membership certificate. (Debit or credit card will be required to order online.)
- You may also contact Kevin Dixon, chapter advisor, who has a limited supply of each available for purchase on a first-come/first-served basis. The tassel costs $10; the stole costs $18 plus shipping and handling. You must contact Mr. Dixon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 636-584-6631 to reserve yours.
Veterans and active duty/reserve members of the U.S. Armed Forces will be presented with a red, white, and blue cord to wear if they attend the ceremony. The cords will be given to the graduate during the processional line up just prior to the ceremony.
Professional photos will be taken at the ceremony and will be available for purchase through Grad Images.
Email email@example.com or call (636) 584-6579 regarding any ceremony questions you may have about the commencement ceremony.
Transcripts and Diplomas
Final grades will be posted the week following final exams. Graduates will be notified via email when degrees/certificates have been posted.
When requesting transcripts, be sure to select the option to have your transcript sent after your degree or certificate has been posted or wait until you receive your graduate notification email from the Registrar’s Office.
Diplomas for graduates will be mailed within three weeks of the end of the semester. Students will be notified via email and text when the diplomas are mailed out.