We are proud of our Culinary Arts program! It is one of just three programs in the entire St. Louis area!
The Culinary Arts program offers an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) Degree and a Certificate of Achievement taught through a block schedule of course sequencing. The curriculum centers on “hands on” learning in our professional culinary kitchen taught by qualified chefs, pastry chefs and instructors.
The program is located on the Union campus in a state-of-the-art kitchen with a bakeshop and a garde manger cold room. Students earning an AAS degree will also study advanced culinary skills, restaurant and food service management theory, and a general education base.
East Central College Culinary Arts Program provides an affordable, quality education from industry-trained Instructors. Through technology, innovation, and a well-balanced, transparent curriculum we ensure to keep our students the choice of our regional employers.
East Central College Culinary Arts Program goals are focused on two guiding pillars: students and the culinary industry.
- Providing an affordable, quality education in culinary studies towards an AAS Degree and/or Certificate to our students by industry-recognized instructors.
- Identify and provide our students with the basis of skills needed to be a contributing member of a culinary team through critical thinking, communication, and practice of professional behaviors.
- Apply Culinary specific standards, techniques, and procedures in a constantly changing environment to meet the needs of local and regional employers.
- Provide industry-relevant facilities for the learning and teaching of Culinary Arts.
- Service our community by socially responsible stewardship of our resources in the form of sustainable practices ingrained in the curriculum.
- Completed an Application for Admission to East Central College
- Completed an Application for Admission to the Culinary Arts program
- High School Diploma or completed High School Equivalency Exam
- Be prepared to take MTH102-Business Math, or a higher level math course
- Have reading skills capable of entering ENG101-English Comp I
- Complete Statement of Food Allergies / Vaccinations (students are required to have their Hepatitis A Vaccination)
- Complete a program interview
Additional Information & Links:
- American Culinary Federation (ACF)
- ACF Accreditation for Culinary Programs
- St. Louis Chefs de Cuisine, ACF Chapter
- East Central College Scholarships
- St Louis Chefs de Cuisine Educational Foundation Scholarship Information
- Greater St. Louis Restaurant Association Scholarship
- ACF American Academy of Chefs (AAC) Scholarships
The East Central College Culinary Arts program has earned accreditation through the American Culinary Federation, Educational Foundation, Accreditation Commission (ACFEFAC).
American Culinary Federation
180 Center Place Way
St. Augustine, FL 32095
East Central College is accredited by the:
Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
30 N. LaSalle St., Suite 2400
Chicago, Illinois 60602-2504