We are proud of our Culinary Arts program! It is one of just two programs in the entire St. Louis area!
The Culinary Arts program offers an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) Degree and a Certificate of Achievement taught through a block schedule of course sequencing. The curriculum centers on “hands on” learning in our professional culinary kitchen taught by qualified chefs, pastry chefs and instructors.
The program is located on the Union campus in a state-of-the-art kitchen with a bakeshop and a garde manger cold room. Students earning an AAS degree will also study advanced culinary skills, restaurant and food service management theory, and a general education base.
Program Mission Statement: East Central College Culinary Arts Program is a career-based education/skill learning format for students planning a serious future as a professional culinarian. As one of the technical education programs in a community college venue, we will provide affordable, quality training by qualified instructors. Since the culinary industry is a dynamic field, the program will continuously update and revise curriculum, training methods, equipment and staff to keep our students the choice of regional employers.
- Completed an Application for Admission to East Central College
- Completed an Application for Admission to the Culinary Arts program
- High School Diploma or completed High School Equivalency Exam
- Be prepared to take MTH102-Business Math, or a higher level math course
- Have reading skills capable of entering ENG101-English Comp I
- Complete Statement of Food Allergies / Vaccinations (students are required to have their Hepatitis A Vaccination)
- Complete a program interview
Additional Information & Links:
- American Culinary Federation (ACF)
- ACF Accreditation for Culinary Programs
- St. Louis Chefs de Cuisine, ACF Chapter
- East Central College Scholarships
- St Louis Chefs de Cuisine Educational Foundation Scholarship Information
- Greater St. Louis Restaurant Association Scholarship
- ACF American Academy of Chefs (AAC) Scholarships
The East Central College Culinary Arts program has earned accreditation through the American Culinary Federation, Educational Foundation, Accreditation Commission (ACFEFAC).
American Culinary Federation
180 Center Place Way
St. Augustine, FL 32095
East Central College is accredited by the:
Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
30 N. LaSalle St., Suite 2400
Chicago, Illinois 60602-2504