Manufacturing Technician Program
For those with no experience this program is right for you! In just a few weeks a student will learn basic skills and abilities to begin working right away as a materials handler, team assembler, or as a basic machine operator at any Manufacturing facility.
This 100 hour course follows the guidelines set by the Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC).
- MSSC Safety CPT Exam:
- Perform safety and environmental inspections and emergency drills and participate in emergency teams.
- Identify unsafe conditions and take corrective action.
- Provide safety orientation for all employees.
- Train personnel to use equipment safely. Suggest processes and procedures that support safety of work environment.
- Fulfill safety and health requirements for maintenance, installation, and repair.
- Monitor safe equipment and operator performance.
- MSSC Quality Practices and Measurement CPT Exam:
- Participate in periodic internal quality audit activities.
- Check calibration of gauges and other data collection equipment.
- Suggest continuous improvements.
- Inspect materials and product/process at all stages to ensure they meet specifications.
- Document the results of quality tests. Communicate quality problems.
- Take corrective actions to restore or maintain quality.
- Record process outcomes and trends.
- Identify fundamentals of blueprint reading.
- Use common measurement systems and precision measurement tools.
- Students will also be trained to prepare for the OSHA 10-Hour General Industry credential.
Sign up today! The program is provided at NO COST to eligible students.