Getting Started with ECC – Adjuncts
Welcome to East Central College!
This tutorial will walk you through the steps to setting up all the accounts you will need to access as an adjunct. The steps include:
- Setting up your password
- Logging in to your Microsoft Office 365 account
- Accessing your ECC email account
- Logging in to Canvas
To begin the process of setting up your East Central accounts, you will need the @eastcentral.edu email address that you were given to use as your username. For example, if your eCentral user name is franklin.falcon, your ECC Email address will be email@example.com.
Setting your password
Creating strong passwords
Before creating your ECC password, please review these tips for creating strong passwords.
- Variety – Your password should use a mix of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters.
- Unique – Don’t use the same password for all of your accounts.
- No personal information – Avoid using names and dates.
ECC password guidelines
When creating your ECC password, your passwords must:
- Contain 12 to 25 Characters.
- Contain one or more uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Contain one or more numbers.
- Contain one or more special characters, excluding spaces and the invalid characters listed below.
- Cannot contain parts of the username that exceed three or more consecutive characters.
Invalid characters for passwords:
Use PasswordMonster to test your password strength.
Steps to setting up your password in Microsoft Office
- Go to the Microsoft Office Portal.
- In the Sign in box, enter your East Central email address and select the Next button.
- On the Enter password box, you will be prompted for your password. Select the Forgot my password link below the Password prompt.
- On the Get back to your account box, enter your email address again. Then, fill out the CAPTCHA before selecting the Next button.
- Finally, you will be prompted with a list of alternative authentication methods to reset your password.
Log in to Microsoft Office 365
Once your password is set up, log in to the Microsoft Office Portal.
When you log in, you should have access to all Microsoft Office products available with your ECC account.
Once you are logged in here, you should also be logged in for the steps moving forward.
Steps to access your ECC email account
- Find the link to ECC Email under the Log In dropdown button in the upper-right corner of the header.
- If you aren’t already logged in, you will see a Microsoft Sign in box.
- Enter the password that you created for your account.
Log in to Canvas
To access Canvas, the learning management system used for ECC classes:
- Find the link to Canvas under the Log In dropdown button in the upper-right corner of the header.
- Click on the Log in to Canvas button on the ECC Online page.
- Use your ECC email address and password to log in to Canvas.
From the ECC Online page, you will also be able to access the Faculty Canvas Certification/Syllabus Tool and Canvas Faculty Help Videos if you need help using Canvas.
Review Cybersecurity information
More information on cybersecurity is available from the IT department at the Falcon Nest on SharePoint.
To access these files, log in to the Falcon Nest and follow this path: