Visiting students are considered students that plan to take courses at ECC with the intent to transfer them back to their home college or university to complete their degree.
East Central College welcomes all visiting students to take advantage of one of the most affordable tuition rates in the state of Missouri. Why wouldn’t you take courses that transfer with ease to your home institution at a fraction of the cost? ECC is the ideal place to get ahead on your coursework, whether it’s over the summer or during the traditional academic year.
Things To Know
As a visiting student, the steps in your enrollment process is different from other applicants. Here are a few differences that you should be aware of:
- You are not required to submit a high school transcript.
- You cannot register as a degree or certificate seeking student.
- You will not be eligible for financial aid, but you should check with your home institution for eligibility.
- You will need to show ECC an unofficial transcript for courses that require prerequisites.
- Please check with your advisor at your home institution to make sure that the class that you are wanting to take at ECC will transfer into your degree plan there.
- You must complete the Transcript Request form at ECC to have an official and final transcript sent back to your home institution at the completion of coursework.
Enrollment Checklist for Visiting Students
- Watch email for instructions.
- Use the information to access eCentral, ECC Email, Canvas and Watermark (Aviso).
- The college sends most information electronically. Make it a habit to check ECC Email often.
- Evidence of course prerequisites is required at the time of enrollment.
- Unofficial copies are permissible for this purpose.
- Meet with an academic advisor to discuss goals and enroll in classes.
- Obtain an ECC Student ID Card from Student Services.