Non-ECC Students

What do I need to do to have an exam proctored?

Your instructor needs to send all exam materials to our Testing Services Coordinator, Windy Souders, at Once the Testing Center receives the materials, you can call the Testing Center at 636.584.6550 to set up an appointment.

Please be aware of and follow your institution’s procedures regarding proctored exams as well.

What should I bring?

Whenever you come to the Testing Center to take an exam, you must present a government-issued photo ID. For Pearson VUE testing, visit their website to ensure you bring the correct identification.

Please bring a writing utensil, a calculator, if allowed, and any other materials your instructor recommends or requires for your exam.

Do I need to make an appointment?

For students from other institutions, appointments at the Union campus are required for all testing, except Accuplacer.

The Testing Center must receive exam materials from your instructor or institution before you can make an appointment.

Please note that the last exam will be administered an hour before close, so please allow ten minutes before to check in for your exam.

For more information, contact Windy Souders for the Union campus at or Max Schaefer for the Rolla campus at

What is the cost of taking a test in the Testing Center?

There is a $20 proctoring fee payable to East Central College. This fee is paid at the Cashier’s window before taking the exam. This fee is waived if you are currently enrolled in a Missouri community college or UMSL and you provide a valid government issued ID.

If you are taking an Accuplacer retake, the fee for each section is $10.

What items are prohibited inside of the testing room?

No personal belongings, including backpacks, purses, wallets, hats, coats, or jackets, are allowed. No cell phones, pagers, MP3 players, laptop computers, or any other electronic devices are allowed, with the exception of a calculator when specified. Calculators are subject to inspection by Testing Center staff. No books, notes, or extra paper are allowed unless specified by the instructor.

All personal belongings, such as medical aids, allowed by staff inside the testing room are subject to inspection. Refusal to allow inspection of personal belongings will result in denial of service.

No food or drink is allowed in the testing room.

Where do I put my backpack, purse, or other personal belongings?

The Testing Center has lockers available for your belongings. Please note that Testing Center staff are not responsible for stolen, misplaced, or damaged items.

What types of exams does the Testing Center administer?

The Testing Center administers a variety of exams, such as Pearson VUE, CLEP, MOGEA exams, and proctored exams for other institutions. Please call the Testing Center at 636.584.6550 for more information.

What must I do if I want to take a CLEP exam?

If you are interested in taking a CLEP exam, you must first register on the CLEP website. Once you have determined which CLEP you want to take, be sure to verify its acceptability by the institution where you want the CLEP credit applied. After completing registration, you can contact the Union Testing Center to set up an appointment to take the CLEP.

What if I need a scribe or reader for my exam?

Readers and scribes are provided through the ACCESS office.  Individual arrangements must be made in advance. These services are not provided by the Testing Center. Visit the ACCESS website for more information.